Saturday 17 October 2009

(A) cold in Vietnam

I'm stuck at home with a cold/flu combo these days. I'm sad to say I missed the last two practice rides and my intermittent swimming sessions at the workers cultural palace pool. If this would have happened any other week prior I would be pleased as punch to be stuck at home away from work and all the little kids. It'd mean I'd have time at home to catch up on all my paperwork and such for the ride and law school applications. The thing is, it's all been done--yeah all of it's done. My to do list is remarkably empty. There are just a few more little things to be done for the ride. Law School apps have been sent away. It's hard for me to admit but I am bored. I haven't been bored, let alone had a moment of free time, since this all started in January.

Now why, JP, do we care if you're bored? What's it got to do with H2H and the bike ride? Well, it means the ride is ready. We're really going to to do it. It's happening. All, the money for charities is nearly raised, 13 riders are in shape and ready to roll, all 1,200 miles from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City are awaiting us to ride over them to glory.

I am not sure how to describe my feeling at this moment. Instead, I just have to say thank you to all who have donated, all who have lent moral support and most of all, to the crazy fools who agreed to ride the whole way. You all have no idea what you're getting in to. Anyways--Thank you.

Let's stay safe, knock on wood, burn some incense and say a Hail Mary, and appreciate the vastness and complexity of the Universe because it's really happening.

On On,
JP

PS remember you can make a donation here and join our facebook page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment