H2H would like to say a huge thank you to DHL, our lead sponsor for the 5th year running. DHL provides support vans and drivers for the whole ride and media and logistical assistance to the team before, during and after the ride. Every day of the ride, our two fantastic DHL drivers Mr Khang and Mr Phat transport the team kit and spare bikes, they help with navigation, hotel bookings and road safety advice and drive up and down through the team refilling our water bottles between towns in these hot conditions. We simply couldn’t do the ride without them. The support vans are our biggest expense on the ride so DHL’s generous contribution ensures that 100% of donations go straight to the 6 brilliant charities H2H is fundraising for and riders cover all additional expenses themselves. Thank you DHL for your support, expertise and encouragement, it’s our privilege to work in partnership with you and a huge boost to our charity fundraising. Another huge logistical support this year came from Le Hoang Pro Bike who kindly donated two mechanics, Mr Sang and Mr Duc, and a motorbike for them to travel between the riders and help them with bike problems along the route. Their expertise was indispensable during the ride.
H2H would also like to thank the following 2016 partners:
- Game On Bar: A large cash donation, and hosted our H2H pub quiz fundraiser with generous raffles prizes. GO also hosted our homecoming drinks and generously paid for a DJ that evening.
- Teaching House New York: A large cash donation.
- Apollo: A large cash donation
- Al Frescos: A large cash donation.
- California Fitness & Yoga: Provided free bicycle spinning classes for the team to get us fit and ready before the ride.
- K1 Fitness: Provided free circuit training and conditioning sessions to help with our strength training in the lead-up to the ride.
- Nutrition Depot: Donated a huge amount of energy gels, nutrition bars and various other supplements to fuel us during the ride.
A HUGE THANK YOU to all our corporate sponsors for supporting H2H 2016 and our charity partners. You are fantastic, and we hope to continue our H2H relationship in the future!
- Kate Grigg