Monday 22 April 2019

Day 22: Ea Drang to Buon Me Thuot


Buon Me Thuot - a city of coffee is our 22nd destination. After achieving the 100km days, 80km’s not really much of a problem for us now.

Last night, Andrea and I had a chance to play at being professional detectives to hunt down her lost ‘mini backbag’ 👑 at a bánh xèo store. We were so lucky to get it back from the very very nice owners who returned to the store to give it back to us at midnight, even though they lived far away. We truly appreciate their kindness.

I started this morning with a fancy breakfast: sandwich + condensed milk, banana and cà phê sữa đá. To be honest, coffee wasn’t my choice for breakfast until I joined this trip, but it gives my morning a boost of energy and keeps me awake. Btw, it’s hard to miss a cup of coffee in the central highlands in the mornings because they sell coffee everywhere. 

We left the hotel around 8am and got to Dakruco hotel at nearly 2:30pm. Thanks to the prefect weather, the DHL van only stopped 2-3 times today for us to refill water. There were also some ‘baby hills’ - that’s what I call the hills, with an average height is 400 - 800m above sea level, compared to the monster mountains of P’rao and Plei Kan. When we arrived some of us enjoyed KFC, pizza, bread and cheese and wine. 

We had some time to chill at the pool in the afternoon, but not a pool party as we expected. The pool was full of local children as it was a Saturday, which can easily be understood as there are few public pools in the highlands. 

Furthermore, I must say what prefect weather my team has had so far, cloudy ⛅️, tailwinds 🤘, a few headwinds 🥺 and even some drizzle 🌧. I truly believe there’s no such thing as bad weather. To say “comfortable” or “uncomfortable” weather I can live with — but 37-38 degree celsius heat might not be my best friend ☀️🙃.

Well, 6 days to go, I can’t wait to see the upcoming legendary mountains 🏔 that the DHL drivers have spoken of.

20/04/2019

Thao

No comments:

Post a Comment