Sunday 12 May 2019

Day 28: Ho Chi Minh City

Two sonnets for H2H

1
One night when I had had too much to drink /
My friend convinced me to take on a quest / 
Adventure strange and honorable I think / 
I’d never done anything like this test.

We cycled from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh / 
O’er mountains vast, ‘cross valleys long we rode / 
Through butterfly and lightning storms therein / 
For our just cause, along that bumpy road.

We sought to fundraise for some charities /
Who work to help the kids of Vietnam / 
To educate and free them from slavery /
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

And now the road has born me home once more / 
I only wish I could have helped out more.




2
Fifteen of us had set out from Hanoi / 
Some young, some not, some strangers, and some friends / 
On bikes bought, borrowed, and offertory / 
For Saigon along that road’s bumps and bends. 

We sought to raise some money for children /
And made some progress towards that account / 
But we know that with just our sweaty skin / 
We never would have raised such an amount.

So thanks to all our sponsors and our friends / 
The ones who drove, shared links, and donated / 
To all those who helped us achieve our ends / 
We thank you and you ought to be feted.

And now as H2H rolls to its end / 

We hope next year we’ll see you here again! 


1 comment:



  1. love your work great work done by campaign ....nice blog
    Regards:

    Organizations to Donate to

    ReplyDelete