Sunday 21 April 2019

Day 18: Kham Duc to Plei Can

Well Day 18 was a first for me: I did not complete the ride. We were supposed to cover 105 km, but late in the day as the sun was setting, a big thunderstorm hit. I can ride in the rain, and I can ride in the dark, but I can’t do both at the same time (especially wearing glasses.) So at 93.5 km, as the skies opened up, I made the executive decision to not push my luck and sought shelter. We have two support vans, and after some time one of them came and got me. It’s a shame I didn’t finish, but I think I made the right call. Safety first, always. Side note: the first part of the day was incredibly difficult, I think this was one of the hardest days of the ride, so my legs were not sorry to skip the final 11 km. Tomorrow should be an easier day, I hope.

- Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment