Sunday 22 April 2018

Day 21 Pleiku to Ea Drang

Day 21?! I am still in shock that our ride is getting closer and closer to the end. But rather than dwell on this I am trying to really appreciate and experience this last week of riding.

So let me give you an overview of my day: We woke up bright and early at 6 and got ready for our day. The clip on my shoe broke so I had to sort it out but our amazing DHL drivers fixed it for me in the end. After dealing with my shoe crisis I hurried off to consume my daily Banh Mi Opla.

At about 7 a pack of us set out for our ride. The first 30k was up hill right off the bat - buenos dias legs! The road was also very traffic filled so we had to really concentrate. At 30 k we made a stop for beverages. Here we met up with the 6:30 group. Then we set off again, the next 40 k was littered with headwinds. We took turns blocking the winds and kept moving at a great pace. 10k out of town we all stopped and had quite arguably the most delicious Pho Vietnam has to offer.



Then we finished the last part of our ride quickly and ended it with a strawberry smoothie.


- Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment